After pledging to double their fundraising target back in January 2017, Tinsdills Solicitors are celebrating winning a charity fundraising award for the second year running… but this year they have achieved the Silver Award!
Tinsdills were congratulated for their fundraising achievements at DMH’s Virtual Business Awards ceremony on Thursday 1st March 2018 where they won the Silver Award after raising over £10,000. The Douglas Macmillan Hospice offers support and care to all who are suffering with life limiting illnesses.
Tinsdills actively took part in a variety of fundraising activities throughout 2017 to help secure the award for them. Some of these included:
- Headline sponsoring the DMH 5K at the World of Wedgwood in Barlaston where 24 staff members took part in either the run or walk.
- Hosting a team quiz at the firms annual AGM and team building evening.
- Taking part in the Potters Arf.
- Hosting Tinsdills’ own Summer Social and Sponsored Walk at Knypersely Cricket Club where Tinsdills staff and family came together to raise money for DMH through a dog and owner race, sponsored walk and a tombola.
- Taking part in the Bring a Pound campaign where Tinsdills held a ‘Make it or Fake it’ Bake Off throughout all four of its branches, which saw a particularly tasty Rocky Road clinch the 1st Place ‘Winners Whisk!’
After all of the hard work and team dedication, the grand total raised for the DMH came in at just over £10,300. The firm now has its sights set firmly on the year ahead as it announced that DMH will continue to be the chosen Corporate Charity for 2018.
Tinsdills Solicitors will once again be the Headline Sponsor at the 2018 DMH 5K held at World of Wedgwood. If you would like to support Tinsdills Solicitors to continue fundraising for DMH you can do so by following the link:
Rebecca Gwynn, Marketing Manager said ‘We have a long history or working along side Dougie Mac who have a strong connection to the local community as well as our staff at Tinsdills.
We are proud of what we have been able to achieve over the last 12 months fundraising for the charity and look forward to another year of fundraising ahead.
We have a lot of ideas in the pipeline which we are really excited about, so watch this space and keep an eye on our social media for updates!’
Visit our website and social media for all of our fundraising updates throughout 2018. Or take a look at DMH Events Calendar to see if there is anything that you would like to get involved with for the charity.