We understand that working in agriculture has never been easy and it’s not getting any easier. In industries as difficult as agriculture and farming, you don’t want legal problems to get in the way of what’s important and you need agricultural solicitors to give you the right advice when you need it. Solicitors with real knowledge about agricultural law, farming and rural issues are few and far between so it’s hard to know where to go to.
We are proud of the long-standing relationship we have enjoyed with the local agricultural community for many years. Today we act as agriculture lawyers for farming businesses throughout the region and our clients range from small family farms to large farming enterprises. We advise on the wide range of personal, property and commercial questions faced by those working in agriculture.
We provide advice to farming families and businesses and provide specialist knowledge on a wide range of legal disciplines ranging from succession planning and inheritance to the formation of companies and partnerships.
We can provide you with practical and cost-effective advice on all aspects of agricultural and horticultural law including:
- Purchasing and selling farms, agricultural land and estates
- Creation of leases, farm business tenancies
- We will liaise with your Accountants and Tax Advisers to assist with Estate planning
- Milk quota transfers
- Share farming, contractors and joint venture agreements
- Formation of companies and limited liability partnerships and animal leasing agreements
- Partnership and shareholder agreements whether family or non-family
- Grazing agreements and licences of buildings and/or land
- Sporting and mineral rights
- Planning implications of owning or buying agricultural land
- Raising finance for the purchase or development of agricultural land
- Re-financing the family farm
- Voluntary first registration applications
- Transfers by way of gift
- Deeds of Easement.