Call 01782 652300
Residential Property Pricing
Meet the Team
Our residential property team have over 70 years collective experience in delivering outstanding service to our clients in all aspects of Residential Property; with particular expertise in sale, purchases, re-mortagages and transfers.
We have five members of the team who may work on your matter, all with extensive knowledge and expertise in this area, and all of whom are supervised by Andrew Burrows, Director and Head of Residential Property.
Residential Property Purchase or Sale
We have developed a conveyancing calculator to allow you to generate an estimate of costs associated with purchasing or selling a residential property. We have compiled a list of questions from which we will generate an estimate of costs to share with you on screen. Please be aware that the costs are displayed exclusive of VAT, and based on the information you have shared with us.
We can check the information that you have provided and we can give an accurate cost estimate over the phone by you speaking to one of our Client Services Team.
Client Services Team
Costs associated with Purchasing or Selling could be affected by the following factors:
- Whether the transaction is purchased or sold via an auction
- Complexity or urgency for completion and or exchange of contracts; this would be discussed before agreeing to instruct Tinsdills
- Length of chain
- If the tenure of the property is leasehold additional costs will be incurred
- Whether or not you are having a mortgage
- The number of people involved in purchasing the property
- If you discover building regulations or planning permission has not been obtained for alterations of the property
- Cost related to the property being registered or unregistered at the HM Land Registry
Stamp duty is a personal tax which is applicable if you buy a property or land over a certain price in England and Northern Ireland.
This can be calculated using the government websites, for purchases or transfers in England https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/calculate-stamp-duty-land-tax/#/intro.
For purchases and transfers in Wales follow this link for more information, https://beta.gov.wales/land-transaction-tax-guide.
The cost for a residential property Remortgage with the team at Tinsdills is fixed cost at £450 excluding VAT, if the property is a buy to let the fee for a Remortgage is £550 excluding VAT.Other likely charges in association with a Remortgage include:
- Telegraphic transfer fee of £30 excluding VAT
- Dependant on whether the property has a mortgage or not and the instructions of your new lender, you may require either a search indemnity policy of around £40 or to complete full searches on the property. The cost of the searches fluctuates depending on the location of the property; around the local area to us these range from £122.33 to £160.53 excluding VAT
- Official copies of the register of title are £6 per copy
- We will need to carry out a bankruptcy search this is £2 per person
- Fees are also due to the land registry dependant on whether the title of the property is registered or un registered; this is on a sliding scale dependant on the price of the property (see Scale 1) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees#scale-1-fees
- If there is more than one tenant on the property or more than one agreement in place this would be classed as a commercial property and costs listed here would not be applicable